Week 3 – Assignment
Business Writing Essay
Construct a business report or proposal using the topic that you chose in Week Two. You may use an existing business as a model or a fictionalized business appropriate to the needs of the topic. For this assignment, you may choose one of the following two options:
- Write an internal report (you are part of the organization) that identifies a problem and offers an objective analysis of the consequences of taking a specific action.
- Write a proposal from a potential vendor that addresses the problem and offers a specific solution.
- Must be five to seven double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of essay
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least three appropriate sources for the intended business audience, including at least one government source and one industry-specific source. These sources may or may not be the same as the sources you used to create your Annotated Bibliography for the Week Two assignment.
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement that clearly presents a solution or initiative to the problem identified in the introduction.
- Must address at least three key issues that clearly support the thesis statement with relevant points and critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.