Text Questions Unit 2: The Elements and Principles of Art
I’m working on a Art & Design question and need guidance to help me study.
Please complete the following questions. It is important that you use full sentences and present the questions and answers when you submit your work.
Submit the work as a file attachment. This means you complete all work in a word processing document (e.g., Microsoft Word) and attach the file using the dropbox tool. Use the Unit 2: Text Questions dropbox.
The answers to the Text Questions are worth 10 points.
Unit 2 Text Questions
- What are positive and negative space?
- Identify and describe the three different types of balance in artwork.
- What is proportion?
- What is “hue”? How can hue affect artwork?
- What is balance in art work?
Critical Thinking Questions
- Choose one of the pieces of art from the unit. Identify at least three elements or principles of art that are present. Discuss how these three elements or principles are used in the artwork. Why does the artist include them?
- Imagine that you want to create an artwork that creates a sense of peacefulness. How could you use the elements or principles of art to create this?
- Choose one type of artwork (painting, drawing, sculpture, etc.) and describe how you could add texture to this type of artwork.
- Choose one piece of artwork from the unit. What type of balance does the artwork have? How does this balance affect the feeling or mood of the artwork?
- How can artists create a sense of movement in a piece of artwork?
Please post questions and answers on the UNIT 2 discussion boards. Unless otherwise instructed, you should submit at least one full paragraph for each question.
Each discussion assignment is worth 5 points.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!