Course: Data Science & Big Data Analy
LATE SUBMISSION WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED BY PROF.
Due Date – 1 day
Discussion Question: Big Data Analytics
There are several benefits as well as challenges associated with the use of Big Data Analytics in the e-Healthcare industry. Pick one of the four concepts below and then identify the benefits and challenges associated with that concept. Do not simply list the benefits and challenges but detail them in a substantive, thorough post as it relates to that concept in the e-healthcare industry.
- Data Gathering
- Storage and Integration
- Data Analysis
- Knowledge Discovery and Information Interpretation
- Provide extensive additional information on the topic
- Explain, define, or analyze the topic in detail
- Share an applicable personal experience
- Provide an outside source (for example, an article from the University Library) that applies to the topic, along with additional information about the topic or the source (please cite properly in APA)
- At least one scholarly source should be used in the initial discussion thread. Be sure to use information from your readings and other sources from the UC Library. Use proper citations and references in your post.
Books and Resources
Eyupoglu, C. (2019). Big Data in Cloud Computing and Internet of Things. 2019 3rd International Symposium on Multidisciplinary Studies and Innovative Technologies (ISMSIT), Multidisciplinary Studies and Innovative Technologies (ISMSIT), 2019 3rd International Symposium On, 1–5. https://doi.org/10.1109/ISMSIT.2019.8932815
L. Zhao, Y. Huang, Y. Wang and J. Liu, “Analysis on the Demand of Top Talent Introduction in Big Data and Cloud Computing Field in China Based on 3-F Method,” 2017 Portland International Conference on Management of Engineering and Technology (PICMET), Portland, OR, 2017, pp. 1-3. https://doi.org/10.23919/PICMET.2017.8125463
Saiki, S., Fukuyasu, N., Ichikawa, K., Kanda, T., Nakamura, M., Matsumoto, S., Yoshida, S., & Kusumoto, S. (2018). A Study of Practical Education Program on AI, Big Data, and Cloud Computing through Development of Automatic Ordering System. 2018 IEEE International Conference on Big Data, Cloud Computing, Data Science & Engineering (BCD), Big Data, Cloud Computing, Data Science & Engineering (BCD), 2018 IEEE International Conference on, BCD, 31–36. https://doi.org/10.1109/BCD2018.2018.00013
Psomakelis, E., Aisopos, F., Litke, A., Tserpes, K., Kardara, M., & Campo, P. M. (2016). Big IoT and social networking data for smart cities: Algorithmic improvements on Big Data Analysis in the context of RADICAL city applications.
Liao, C.-H., & Chen, M.-Y. (2019). Building social computing system in big data: From the perspective of social network analysis. Computers in Human Behavior, 101, 457–465. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chb.2018.09.040
Plagiarism includes copying and pasting material from the internet into assignments without properly citing the source of the material.